The Middle East Institute is one of the premier Middle East-focused think tanks in Washington, DC. In addition to our policy analysis, blog, and podcast on our website at www.mei.edu, please be sure to check out:
- The Middle East Journal: The oldest peer-reviewed Middle East Studies journal in North Americam published since 1947. Check out www.themiddleeastjournal.org or our guidelines for submissions here. (We Are looking for articles to publish in 2021, so please submit your papers today!)
- Online, accredited language classes in Arabic, Persian, Turkish, and Hebrew. The next term starts on October 26, and we also offer tutoring with native speakers. Go to www.mei.edu/education/language-classes to enroll today!
- Our Arts & Culture Center, highlighting the works of contemporary artists from all over the Middle East and North Africa. Our current exhibit, "Art in Isolation: Creativity in the Time of COVID-19" was launched October 8. Feel free to browse the exhibit online at www.mei.edu/arts-and-culture-center or book an appointment to visit in person for your next visit to DC! Be sure to follow @meiartsculture on Twitter for updates on future exhibits.
- The Oman Library is the largest collection of Middle East-related books in Washington, DC, outside of teh Library of Congress, with more than 20,000 volumes from the 18th century through the present. Search the catalog at http://catalog.mei.edu/ and, during the pandemic, be sure to check out our digital collection at www.mei.edu/library/digital.
- Our growing amount of content in Arabic, including the Podcast AlAwsat hosted by Ibrahim Al-Assil and our Arabic-language Twitter account @MEI_Arabic.
- MEI's Frontier Europe Initiative, featuring analysis by experts on Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and the Caucasus, examining the growing links between Eurasia and the Middle East. Follow on Twitter @MEIFrontier or check out the page on our website.
Middle East Institute
Middle East Institute
Inspiring Dialogue. Empowering Change.
Founded in 1946, the Middle East Institute (MEI) is the oldest Washington, DC–based institution dedicated exclusively to the study of the Middle East. MEI is the first integrated think tank that advances non-partisan policy debates while offering online language classes and hosting a gallery of modern regional art. Since 1947, MEI has published The Middle East Journal — the first academic journal devoted to Middle East studies in North America.